Ubuntu GUI Offer Details
- the recommended clients are remmina “for linux” and mRemoteNG “for windows” the default client for windows is not recommended
- This image doesn’t need a GPU anymore but you will need at least 2 cores and 8 GB ram,
- Since you will not log in as the root user, you well be asked to enter a password very frequently.
- If you got asked for a password you will notice that the user you’re being asked to enter the password for is not your user it is for a user called “ubuntu” so create a user and name it “ubuntu” and give it a password.
- You must ssh to the server using the user you configured when you created the VM and give yourself a password using the command ($ sudo passwd “your username”).
- The TCP port 3389 is NOT opened by default. so you'll need to open this port from your Azure portal
If you need any help about this offer you can email us at [email protected].
We will update this page whenever we update the offer or whenever we see the offer needs more details.